Insurance and benefit coverage experience
Understanding of COBRA and health insurances
Strong communication skills including in-person, over the phone, and via email
The Insurance specialist will act as a liaison between dialysis patients, physicians, facility staff, insurance providers, and the Central Billing Office.
Thorough knowledge and understanding of private insurance plans and benefit structures, including COBRA rules and regulations are required.
Job functions include:
* Develop an advisory relationship with patients and counsel them regarding insurance issues such as the ramifications of changing coverage, electing COBRA, etc.
* Assist patients with maintaining coverage, especially the privately insured, and reviewing/applying for additional coverage options
* Liaise between patients, facility staff, and the Central Business Office
* Assist social workers with AKF HIPP applications/requests
* Develop and maintain patient portfolios for periodic review
* Document notes in the billing system in regards to patient/insurance encounters
* Assist Central Admissions personnel if needed or applicable
* Prepare and deliver weekly reporting on key metrics and benchmarks established by management
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.